Another busy day at the spa which means there is hardly enough time to eat. Don’t reach for that chocolate bar, instead make simple snacks such as fruits, veggies, and/ or granola readily available that will provide an outlet to satisfy a sweet tooth and cravings alike. This quick and easy recipe will ensure important nutrients for your body. For busy shifts at the spa try a tomato and egg combination. This one can be made the night before and is loaded with a powerful protein punch — perfect for breakfast or lunch.
3 Roma tomatoes, halved and seeded
6 eggs (smaller eggs are best)
Salt & pepper to taste
Whole grain bread for serving.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Place tomatoes on baking sheet (you may have to slice the bottom a bit to make them level).
- Crack eggs and gently place in the cavity of each tomato.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. You can use whichever seasonings you like best, just keep in mind sodium levels and remember we are trying to be healthy!
- Bake for 6-7 minutes if you like your eggs runny. 8-10 minutes if you like them a little harder.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh herbs.
- Serve as is or on top of toasted whole grain bread.
Don’t forget to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. Green tea is another great way to boost metabolism and provide a little caffeine for a quick afternoon pick-me-up.
By: Sydney Beeman