Eating for beauty is as good as it gets. One cannot expect to have glowing, radiant, luminous skin simply by using products and a little “moisturizer magic”. Natural glowy skin that needs no foundation and glittery lotions requires more than just good genes. Natural healthy skin starts with good healthy food intake. Remember what you put in your mouth is as important as the products you apply on your skin. Food gets digested and broken down into vitamins, minerals and amino acids that the body can use to produce healthy skin. Consuming too much sugar can cause problems for the skin. Diets that involve a variety of vegetables and plants make the skin healthy and glowing from the inside out. I used to be a big offender of unhealthy eating. My love for sweets is undying and at one time it reflected on my skin. Since I do not want to deprive my self into enjoying life and enjoying food i changed my way of eating and my choices. Sweets and desserts doen’t have to be boring. I spend my free time experimenting and making healthy meals and sweets with plant based ingredients.
Here is a cheesecake that does not contain any cheese. It is heavenly and easy to make. The ingredients are staples most folks usually have in their house. The trick is to always buy food products that are beneficial to your body “if you keep good food you will eat good food”. Take care of your body it’s the only place you have to live. Let it glow by feeding it right. I have created a fun and nutritious dessert for you to enjoy. It is packed with nutrients I am sure you will love, and it is fun to make. Raw vegan cheesecake is 3 layers of pure heaven. It is amazingly rich in a seriously good way, every layer is decadently delightful, and creamy…I can swoon over and over until it is magically consumed. Enjoy!
Raw Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 3 soft medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or agave, honey or coconut syrup
- 2 cups cups Almonds nuts, presoaked and strained
- 9 tbsp maple syrup
- 5 tbsp coconut oil, liquified
- 3 tbsp lime juice or lemon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (or if using frozen, make sure they are thawed out to room temperature
Extra Strawberry Layer:
- 1 cup more fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, liquified
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Optional Decorative Toppings:
- Use any toppings of choice, such as fresh strawberries or other berries. I used edible flowers and pistachio nuts crushed on mine. Be creative.
- Place all crust ingredients into a food processor and process into a fine crumble. Transfer the mixture into your spring form pan and press down into a crust shape. Place in the fridge while working on the filling.
- Blend all filling ingredients into a smooth fine mixture. Transfer most of this mixture (leaving about 1-2 tbsp in the blender) into the pan over the crust. Set aside.
- Add extra strawberry layer ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth. Carefully pour this over the filling in the pan
- Cover the pan and place in the freezer for approximately 4 hours or preferably overnight for the raw cake to set. Remove from the freezer and thaw out a little before serving . Enjoy! (Freeze any leftovers).
About Noreen: Noreen is a licensed esthetician and one hell of a COOK! She creates beautiful dishes and believes that a big part of the skincare puzzle is what we put into our bodies. Find Noreen on Instagram @noreenxhart.